Panel debate and open floor Q&A: How should what we know about portion control science further influence Policy?
11:50 - 12:10
Science and Evidence: Portion Size
- How do we get portion control “right” – how do you avoid unintended consequences of consumers consuming more units, particularly in multi-pack items, when reducing unit size?
- What are the gaps in evidence which need further attention?
- Are there opportunities to agree consistent portion sizes across brands, within categories?
- What are the quick wins and easy gains in portion control?
- How do we re-educate consumers on appropriate portion size – is systemic change needed and how do we go about it?
- Dr Eric Robinson Senior Lecturer, Psychological Sciences - University of Liverpool
- Prof Peter Rogers Professor of Biological Pyschology - University of Bristol
- Sara Petersson Senior Analyst - Food and Nutrition - Euromonitor
- Bridget Benelam Nutrition Communications Manager - British Nutrition Foundation
« Back to previous page