Panel debate: Next steps for manufacturers and retailers
14:25 - 14:45
Manufacturing and Retail
- Getting portion size wrong could see an increase in consumption through compensatory effects – how can industry avoid unintended consequences?
- What is industry’s role in ameliorating food poverty? Could price be better used as an incentive toward healthier options – could industry associations seek pledges to this effect? Or should fat or sugar taxes be used to create price differentials?
- How can manufacturers and retailers best manage backlash against smaller portions/same price?
- Can industry achieve smaller portion sizes and shifts in advertising/promotions without legislative changes to create a level playing field?
- Are retailers doing enough to prioritise brands’ healthier options on-shelf?
- Is the separate approach of a “calorie reduction programme” and a “sugar reduction programme” helping or hindering industry?
« Back to previous page